The Seasoned CEO: An Exclusive Retreat for Family Foundation Executives
Presented by: Discussion leaders include Carol Larson, President & CEO, David and Lucile Packard Foundation and Virginia Esposito, President, National Center for Family Philanthropy
Contact Information: Michael Goodman, 202.293.3424 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Date/Time: , 12th November, 2012, 4:00 PM -, 14th November, 2012, 4:00 PM PST
Who: An exclusive retreat for 20 of the family philanthropy field's most experienced & insightful CEOs.
What: A rare opportunity for top leaders to connect, share and re-energize in a confidential setting.
When: November 12-14, 2012
Where: The beautiful and inspiring Taaffe House, the childhood home of Susan Packard Orr, Los Altos Hills, CA
About the Retreat:
Join us for an exclusive, first-of-its-kind gathering of the nation's leading family foundation CEOs - including special guest Carol Larson, President and CEO of the David and Lucile Packard Foundation - at this special retreat from November 12 to 14, 2012 at the Taaffe House in Los Altos Hills, CA.
Share strategies with other veteran family foundation CEOs for staying fresh and engaged in the work of the foundation while successfully navigating - and positively influencing - evolving family circumstances. Discuss techniques for managing board leadership transitions, developing relationships with future family leaders, and creating your own CEO succession plan. Other topics for discussion include:
- Better understanding the pace of change in a multi-generational family enterprise
- Framing and preparing for challenging policy discussions (e.g. discretionary grants, board composition, term limits)
- Finding new challenges to counterbalance the sometimes repetitive nature of board meetings and grantmaking cycles
- Designing and ensuring successful board meetings and practices
- Handling board leadership transitions – both expected and unexpected (including the death of the donor)
- Planning for CEO and senior staff transitions, and cultivating new staff leadership
- $995 for Friends of the Family of the National Center
- $1395 for non-Friends (contact Maureen at Maureen@ncfp.org to become a Friend).
Request Additional Information:
- This is an invitation-only event. For further information on eligibility and a detailed retreat program, please contact Michael Goodman at 202.293.3424 or email@example.com.